- Floor heating through main house, conservatory, coach house and pool cabana.
- Eighteen heat pumps provide hot water for floor heating and for fan coils. They also supply hot
- water for domestic use.
- There are 27 fan coils (heat/cooling exchangers) enabled in the main residence.
- There are 8 fan coils in the coach house, installed but not enabled. fan coils are an auxiliary
- heating system (additional to floor heating).
- A large natural gas/oil furnace augments the above heating system for the main house, coach
- house and pool cabana.
- Staff house is heated by a natural gas furnace.
- The barn has its own gas furnace and floor heating.
- Poly house is unheated though coils have been installed under the sand floor.
- The heat exchangers are 120 US gallon tanks, one in each of the main residence, coach house and
- pool cabana, which heat domestic hot water. The main house exchanger has an electrical booster,
- a hot water tank that services the kitchen and master bedroom. There is also a booster on the
- coach house domestic hot water system.
- Staff house hot water is supplied by a natural gas boiler.
- Incoming city or well water is treated with a very elaborate, state-of-the-art system through the
- following process:
- a multi-media filter
- 5 micron "Big Blue"
- water softener filter # I, with a salt-brine tank attached
- water softener filter #2
- ultra-violet filter
- Harmsco cluster filter (contains 7 filters)
- The water then flows into two 1000 US gallon tanks with continuous circulation throughout the
- main house and pool cabana. The staff house and coach house each have trunk lines that run off
- the main house circulation.
- Two back-up artesian wells are on the property (100'+ and 225'+ deep).
- The septic field is a Klargester biodisc triplestage system with a very large capacity, designed to
- service a small village.
Pool water treatment:
- Water treatment is supplied by three commercial-sized filtration systems using the chlormatic salt
- water disinfecting system with automatic ph balance and chlorine adjustment.
- 600 amps 347/600 volts 3PH 4P splitter.
- Back-up system: Diesel generator. 225 (300) KW up to 600 volts 3PH 4 wire, complete with 5-
- 10 second 600 amp/600 volt transfer switch.
- Diesel in-ground fiberglass storage tank with a capacity of 55,000 lilies/I 1,000 Imperial gallons.
- Staff house is included in back-up diesel-powered system.
Air Purifier, air moisture control:
- Three heat recovery units (HRU) control humidity.
- HRU-I for main residence is enabled.
- HRU-2 for coach house is not yet enabled.
- HRU-3 for pool cabana is enabled.
WHAT IS LEFT TO FINISH
Exterior main house. Coach house and pool cabana:
- Stonework is complete only in the front. Stone is on site.
- Landscaping is partially complete. Light standards are temporarily installed.
- Cement decks are unfinished.
- Ceiling beams: final wood finish is not in place.
- Brazilian cherry wood floor needs final finish in the dining room and lounge.
- Catwalk, grand staircase and library are unfinished (plywood); stair rails and railing of catwalk not in place. Carpeting has been purchased but not laid for stairs, catwalk and library. East and west stairways are unfinished.
- Lounge baseboards not in place; doors in lounge need final trim. Scallop-shell ceiling needs final
- Elevator is operating. but main body interior of the elevator is unfinished wood.
- Morning room ceiling is unfinished but roughed in for skylight. Gas fireplace is functional but
- Gas fireplace in master guest suite is in place but installation is incomplete.
- Large oval den/study ceiling beams final wood fmish is not in place. Circular stairway and loft
- are unfinished wood. Catwalk balcony overlooking great room
- Most of the basement in the main house is finished to gyprock. Ceiling plastering is incomplete.
- The rooms in the basement have temporary doors (a few have no doors). Final unstained doors
- are on site, ready to be installed. Wine room is unfinished, with plumbing and drainage in place.
- Main and north-end staircases are unfinished.
- Some baseboards, window trim and bathroom cabinet doors remain unfinished.
- Stairs to lofts are fmished, but lofts are partially unfinished.
- Decks off two suites are unfinished.
- Girders are in place, glass on site but not installed.
- Ceramic floor around hot tub is finished, but baseboards are unfinished.
- Walls of adjoining units are finished to painted drywall, and floors and accessories unfinished.
- Tiles for steam room, bathrooms, sauna, etc. are on site. Three toilets, only one functional, though
- toilets and one urinal are on site.
- Three showers roughed in, no hardware in place.
- Sauna/steam room, roughed in.
- Lounge with sliding glass doors to pool deck with roughed in plumbing for bar.
Pool and pool deck:
- Stone waterfall and surrounding section of the pool deck are unfinished.
- Child's wading pool not operational.
- Exterior stonework is unfinished.